A long term request has been for a search function in the roster. I haven't seen the need for this since my rosters are usually experimental and small, but my current work on optimizations for large rosters put the focus on a roster find function.
Since I have had several requests on improving the appearance on Linux by using the typical desktop fonts, I started investigating it. I thought it should be a simple task by just switching the default fonts, but was not.
I was not able to leave the roster benchmarking before I was confident it could handle large rosters. Testing code in a reliable manner can be more difficult than actually producing the code itself but I found a method.